Traditional enterprise network architecture revolves around the pre–cloud world. A world where data, services and applications generally live within the corporate walled garden and thus connectivity is simply from the user locations to where the data/services/applications are hosted. To exit this network we have a centralized, strict security stack to protect the corporate environment from the unknown, untrusted external world.
As the data & applications/services move to the cloud, this network model becomes less effective and thus network transformation needs to be at the heart of a company’s digital transformation to cloud based services such as Office 365.
As adoption and reliance on cloud services continues to grow, and as employees work from diverse locations around the world, legacy approaches to managing network traffic, such as backhauling and centralizing for inspection & egress creates latency and a leads to a poor end user experience and additional cost for enterprises.
This Pre-Day course is being hosted by Microsoft’s network architecture team and consists of hands-on labs on how to optimize network connectivity in the cloud era, with a specific focus on Office 365. You will hear the pros and cons of each connectivity model (Proxied, Direct and ExpressRoute), how Office 365 workloads connect, steps to improve network connectivity and performance by transforming the network model to the cloud era. We’ll also look in detail at the new method due to go live in October which Microsoft will use to publish the URLs/IPs for the service, allowing for greater automation and simplified usage. The day includes various labs of the topics discussed so you can gain first hand experience of what you’re learning.
- Office 365 Connectivity Principles
- Datacenter Infrastructure & your data
- Connecting to Microsoft’s network infrastructure
- Understanding & using the new RestAPI based URL/IP Publishing method
- Understanding & Troubleshooting Routing
- Understanding & Troubleshooting Latency
- Enterprise Connectivity Options
Connecting via a Proxy
- Bandwidth Planning & Estimation
- Scoping & Data Gathering for Troubleshooting
- Major Workload Connectivity – Including Labs
- Exchange Online
- SharePoint Online
- Skype for Business Online
- TCP Connection Establishment
- Proxy Authentication – Including Lab
- Using OneDrive for Performance Baselining
How to register:
Add this Pre-Day Workshop to your registration for $500. Visit the Microsoft Ignite registration website and sign in to your registration record and select Pre-Day Workshop
We’ll give a Surface Laptop to one lucky attendee, so be sure to sign-up!