Am a keen follower of Microsoft's SharePoint Blog and proud to provide this direct from the Microsoft Tech Community:
- What: 365 EduCon – Chicago (2023) (in-person only) — A Microsoft 365 conference
- When & where: October 30 – November 3, 2023| McCormick Place South, Chicago, IL
- Content: 1 Microsoft keynote and 1 AMA | 150+ overall sessions – 25+ Microsoft-led sessions (see all below) | 28 full and half day workshops
- Presenters: 69 Event Presenters | 13 Microsoft Speakers
- Twitter & hashtag: @365EduCon #365EduCon
- Cost: Multiple options between $525 – $2,575 USD
- Register Now and save | Use the Microsoft Community discount code Microsoft for 25% off new conference registrations, or MSGroup for a 30% discount when three or more people from your company register.
365 EduCon – Chicago brings together the leading experts in Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Power Platform, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Graph, and Azure. Whether you’re a newcomer to these technologies or an experienced power user, administrator, or developer — offering a diverse range of sessions and workshops tailored to your level of expertise and specific interests.
“The sessions I attended gave me inspiration and ideas on what to change – very well done and extremely educational.” – Previous 365 EduCon attendee
The combined whole of the event brings together a stellar lineup of industry-leading experts, including Microsoft MVPs, Microsoft Regional Directors, Microsoft MCTs and Microsoft Engineers, who will share their invaluable insights and best practices. Prepare to be inspired as these gurus delve into the latest trends, strategies, and innovations that shape the Microsoft 365 landscape and walk away with actionable knowledge that you can apply directly in your organization.
Microsoft keynote, AMA, and breakout sessions
Microsoft Keynotes and AMA
“Flexible, AI-Powered Work” with Liz Sundet and Mark Kashman – both from Microsoft | Wednesday, November 1st | 8:30am – 9:40am CT | Room S105bcd
- Abstract: The platform shift to AI is well underway. Just as customers turned to Microsoft to help them make the shift to remote and flexible work, they’re now turning to us to help them understand how this new era of AI will change work yet again. Learn how AI transforms work. Understand how Microsoft 365 can be your end-to-end solution spanning durable trends impacting teamwork, organizational productivity, and employee wellbeing. Join Liz and Mark – product leaders from Microsoft – as they highlight news and demos across Copilot, Teams, Viva, SharePoint, OneDrive, Lists, and more. Kick off 365 EduCon – Chicago to understand the strategy and vision – clarity on where Microsoft is taking productivity into the future.
Microsoft AMA + SharePint | Wednesday, November 1st, 2023, from 4:50pm – 6:50pm PT | Room S105bcd
- Abstract: Got a burning question you just can’t yet find an answer to? This AMA is to be a lively live hour of Q&A – to ask questions and voice feedback – direct to the product teams across OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Viva, Syntex, Yammer, Power Platform, and more. And then enjoy pizza and casual networking with all. You’ll come in scratching your head and leave with a head full of answers, and maybe a belly full of ‘za.
- Your Q&A panelists: Liz Sundet, Cathy Dew, Michelle Gilbert, Heather Newman, Harysh Menon, Marc Mroz, and Mark Kashman (MC).
All Microsoft-led sessions
Take the opportunity to select the sessions best suited for your role and interests. All breakouts are packed with news, demos, customer stories, best practices, and insights into product and solution strategy. You can review all sessions – including the Microsoft-led sessions (listed below in this guide). We will keep everything up to date as there are still a few more to publish:
Copilot, OneDrive, SharePoint, Syntex, and Stream [sessions – all times in CDT]
- Microsoft 365 Copilot with Mark Kashman | Nov. 1 9:50 AM | Room S106b
- SharePoint in the AI Era: Introducing Copilot in SharePoint with Cathy Dew | Nov. 1 at 3:30 PM | Room S106b
- SharePoint portals: Launching your intranet into the future with Cathy Dew | Nov. 2 at 1:20 PM | Room S106b
- Introducing Microsoft Syntex – Content AI for the Microsoft Cloud with Chris McNulty | Nov. 2 at 10:40 AM | Room S106b
- Top 10 best practices every Admin should be doing in M365! with Michelle Gilbert | Nov. 3 at 12:30pm | Room S106b
- Microsoft Stream & Clipchamp: Video creation, sharing, and playback in Microsoft 365 with Marc Mroz | Nov. 3 9:00 AM | Room S106b
- What’s new in OneDrive with Mark Kashman | Nov. 2 at 9:00 AM | Room S106b
Power Platform [sessions – all times in CDT]
- Teams, Power Automate and Copilot – automate Microsoft 365 like never before! with Ashvini Sharma | Nov. 2 at 4:30 PM | Room S106b
- Highlights on What’s New for Microsoft Power Platform and Community with Heather Newman | Nov. 1 at 11:30 AM | Room S106b
- Azure, Visual Studio and Power Platform with Kartik Kanakasabesan | Nov. 3 at 10:20 AM | Room S106b
- Power Fx in Power Platform with Mike Stall and Anderson Silva | Nov. 2 at 2:40 PM | Room S106b
- How to build scalable apps with Power Apps and Dataverse with Jessica Lo | Nov.1 at 1:40 PM | Room S106b
- Power Automate process mining deep dive with Peter Bian | Nov. 1 4:30 PM | Room S103D
Diversity and Inclusion [sessions – all times in CDT]
- D&I “Leadership” with Heather Newman and Liz Sundet | Nov. 1 at 2:50 PM | South Concourse Lobby, ATE, Collab Studio
- D&I “Mentorship” with Heather Newman and Liz Sundet | Nov. 2 10:10 AM | South Concourse Lobby, ATE, Collab Studio
Microsoft Teams [sessions – all times in CDT]
- Mastering Microsoft Teams [workshop] with Gokan Ozcifci and Liz Sundet | Oct. 31 9:00 AM | Room S102a
- Create a Curated Experience in Teams! with Michelle Gilbert | Nov. 1 at 09:50 AM | Room S104a
- Modern Work Architecture – From the Core to Professional Self with Michelle Gilbert | Nov. 2 at 1:20 PM | Room S104b
- Microsoft Teams in a Regulated Environment with Michelle Gilbert | Nov. 3 at 1:50 PM | Room S106b
Microsoft Viva [sessions – all times in CDT]
- What is Microsoft Viva? with Liz Sundet | Nov. 1 at 9:50 AM | Room S104b
- What is Viva Amplify with Liz Sundet | Nov. 2 at 10:40 AM | Room S104b
- Understanding the Feed in Viva Connections with Liz Sundet | Nov. 3 at 12:30 PM | Room S104b
Data and Power BI [sessions – all times in CDT]
- Everything you wanted to know about Power BI (but were afraid to ask!) [workshop] with John White and Jason Himmelstein | Oct. 31 9:00 AM | Room S103d
- Power BI Premium – When Do I Need It? With John White and Jason Himmelstein | Nov. 1 at 9:50 AM | Room S106a
- Azure Monitor, Azure Data Explorer, and Power BI, Oh My! with John White and Jason Himmelstein | Nov. 1 at 3:30 PM | Room S102d
- Deep Dive on Power BI, Teams, and SharePoint with John White and Jason Himmelstein | Nov. 2 at 1:20 PM | Room S102d
- There’s No Time Like the Present – Real Time Reporting with Power BI with John White and Jason Himmelstein | Nov. 2 at 4:30 PM | Room S102d
Register today! [Note: Use Microsoft for 25% off]
Plus, a few fun ‘non-tech, evening things’ in Chicago, IL during the event
- Nov. 1 (7pm) | Thurston Moore (founding member of Sonic Youth) at Chop Shop (2033 W North Ave)
- Nov. 1-2 (8pm) | The Trilogy Tour: Enrique Iglesias, Pitbull & Ricky Martin at United Center
- Nov. 2 (7:30pm) | Live taping of “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!” at Studebaker Theater (410 S. Michigan Ave.)
- Nov. 2 (7:30pm) | “Company” The Musical at Cadillac Palace Theatre (151 W. Randolph St.)
- Nov.3 (7pm) | Brooklyn Nets v. Chicago Bulls at United Center (1901 W Madison St)
Plus, a good resource to see all the good entertainment and cultural activities: Chicago Reader.
Learn more about Microsoft and the event
I hope you will join us in Chicago for what will be a fantastic week! I am looking forward to the action alongside the community, MVPs, and Microsoft product members from Teams, Office, SharePoint, OneDrive, Loop, Syntex, Viva, Power Platform, Lists, Project, Exchange, and more.
Register Now | Use the Microsoft Community discount code Microsoft for 25% off new conference registrations.
Mark Kashman, Senior product manager – Microsoft
The above is kindly provided by the Microsoft Tech Community!