In a world where videos and images have become a critical part of how we express ideas and consume information, it only makes sense that everyone in an organization is empowered to embrace this powerful form of communication.
With Microsoft Clipchamp and Microsoft Designer, we are democratizing video and image creation. By creating simple and intuitive user experiences, enhanced by AI, and complemented by the Microsoft 365 apps and services, we are making it easy for anyone to confidently harness the power of videos and images in their work, regardless of skill and experience.
After beginning this journey in the consumer space with tens of millions of users worldwide, we are thrilled to now include Clipchamp and Designer in our Microsoft 365 commercial offerings.
Clipchamp now available to commercial customers
Whether you need to explain a process to your teammates, onboard new employees, send an update to clients, or level up your organization’s newsletters, now you can turn to Clipchamp to deliver an impactful message through video at work.
The commercial rollout process which began over the summer is complete and we are proud to announce Clipchamp is now generally available to anyone licensed for Microsoft 365 Enterprise (E3 and E5) and Business (Standard, Premium) suites.
We have developed these tools in close partnership with many customers, including Advent Health, Amadeus, Murex, and Renaissance, which have helped us ensure that Clipchamp meets the unique needs of companies and organizations. With Clipchamp, their organizations are already seeing evidence of sparked creativity, improved communications, and more efficiency across their user base.
Clipchamp has an array of features which make it quick and easy to create and share professional-looking videos in minutes. As part of Microsoft 365, Clipchamp is built on OneDrive and SharePoint and works seamlessly with your other everyday Microsoft productivity apps. The videos you export from Clipchamp can be shared through Microsoft Stream, embedded and played in Microsoft Teams, in emails with Outlook, and on Microsoft Viva Engage, making it easy for you to incorporate videos in your work.
It’s easy to get started with Clipchamp from the Apps page at microsoft365.com. In 2024, Clipchamp will become available as a Windows app as well for Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Business licenses.
Introducing Clipchamp Premium
Next month we are introducing Clipchamp Premium which offers additional value for creating high-quality videos with ease and efficiency. Starting December 1, 2023, commercial customers will be able to purchase Clipchamp Premium to access additional features including:
- 4K exports – Crystal-clear UHD resolution up to 30fps helps your videos to look their best
- Brand kit – Your company’s specific fonts, colors, and logos loaded into Clipchamp make it easy to align with your organization’s branding and ensure consistency across projects.
- Premium stock content – Top-tier images, video, and audio help you produce professional-looking videos that resonate with people.
- Advanced analytics with Microsoft Stream – Visibility to crucial video-level metrics help you engage and improve your output by tracking your user behavior and performance for your video.
Clipchamp Premium will be available as a Microsoft 365 Enterprise or Business add-on with an introductory price of $5 per user per month* through June 30, 2024. After that, the price will be $7 per user per month.*
Next month Clipchamp will be offered as a standalone license for non-Microsoft 365 subscribers. The Clipchamp Standard SKU will be $3 per user per month. The Clipchamp Premium standalone SKU will have an introductory price of $7 per user per month* through June 30, 2024, and $10 per user per month* thereafter.
Designer app integrations now in Preview for commercial customers
With Designer, all you need is an idea to create amazing images and designs. Just simply describe what you want to create and Designer uses AI powered by Dall-E 3 to generate great looking designs. You can even incorporate your own images, add text, and customize the results with simple commands to ensure you get just the image you’re looking for. It’s a tool anyone can use with confidence to add the right visual impact to their communications, presentations, and announcements.
Designer is coming first to commercial customers through integrations in various Microsoft 365 apps so users can create and customize images within the flow of work. Designer will initially be available as a Preview to users licensed for the Microsoft 365 Enterprise (E3 and E5) and Business (Standard and Premium) suites through the following integrations, with more on the way in the coming months:
- Designer in Edge is available now.
- Designer in Teams for creating announcement banners will become available in the coming weeks.
- Designer in Copilot for use in Word, PowerPoint and Whiteboard will be available by the end of 2023.
A Preview of the Designer app will become available to enterprise and business customers in the coming months, followed by a general release later next year. Commercial customers interested in participating in a private preview of the app can provide their contact information through this form and we will follow up with you about potential inclusion in that release.
What makes Clipchamp and Designer different?
With visual content becoming more and more prevalent in today’s world, we know there are an increasing number of tools to choose from. But we believe that Microsoft 365 has a unique opportunity to make video and image creation a common part of how people work in three key ways:
- As part of Microsoft 365, Clipchamp and Designer are easy to find and right where you need them – whether that’s through microsoft365.com or through integrations in the apps where you utilize visual content.
- We’re focused on making it easy for anyone to use these tools. With the power of AI and intuitive user interfaces, these tools simplify complex tasks, save time by automating work, and stimulate creative thinking. Creative work that once seemed intimidating and complex now feels simple and achievable.
- We’re tailoring Clipchamp and Designer to the needs of businesses and organizations. With features that ensure consistent brand alignment, enable collaboration among colleagues, and are backed by the security and compliance you’d expect with Microsoft 365, these are tools you can count on for work.
We have plans to drive innovation within Microsoft 365, including new horizons made possible by AI. Check out this video to get a sense of our vision for what video and image creation in Microsoft 365 will look like:
Learn more and get started
- Check out our Visual Content Creation On-Demand Session from Ignite to learn more and see demos of the products themselves.
- Start using Clipchamp at work.
- To use Designer in Edge, enable the Designer app by clicking on the + sign in the side bar on the right.
- Get a sense of the app experience at https://designer.microsoft.com using your personal Microsoft Account (not enabled for enterprise or business accounts at this time).
No matter what you are creating or why, Microsoft 365 makes it easy for you. Start using Clipchamp and Designer at work – you’ll be amazed by what you can create.
* All prices are in US Dollars