Am a keen follower of Microsoft's SharePoint Blog and proud to provide this direct from the Microsoft Tech Community:
Bring the new Yammer styling and capabilities to your modern intranet. At Microsoft Ignite 2019, we announced that the Yammer Conversations web part for SharePoint Online would be updated with the new Yammer experience. Now, we are excited to announce that it is generally available, meaning that you get all the new Yammer experiences on your SharePoint pages, news articles, and SharePoint sites.
Add the power of community to your sites
The updated Yammer Conversations web parts integrates conversations from any Yammer community, topic, user, or home feed, so you can stay connected to the discussions happening across your organization and add social conversations while still in SharePoint. Starting today, it automatically replace the previous Yammer conversations web part without any action needed from site admins.
- The new Yammer look including rich previews for media and visual treatment for questions, praise, and polls.
- The Yammer publisher with functionality like
- creation of any type of Yammer post directly from SharePoint – questions, polls, praise, etc.
- upload of images and files into new conversations and replies directly from SharePoint.
- usage of rich text on messages created from SharePoint Online.
- Yammer management actions such as Close Conversation, Mark Best Answer to a Question, and Pin a conversation, etc.
- An improved more relevant Home feed including the ability to start a conversation in any community when configured to this mode.
- Customize it to view from 2 conversations to 12 conversations.
How to get the new web part
Sites that are already using the Yammer Conversations web part will be updated with the new experience. To add Yammer Conversations to new sites, just visit the web part gallery and select Yammer Conversations and Get Started. Then, you can filter your Community, User, Topic, or Home, and search for your source. Customize the number of conversations to display and select Republish to see and engage with your new Yammer Conversations web part.
Whether you are looking to bring engaging conversations between employees and leaders to your Leadership sites, or allow employees to ask and resolve questions with key services on Employee Service Sites like IT, HR, Travel, or other Community Sites, the updated web part experience enables you to bring rich, social conversations to all of your SharePoint intranet.
We’re continuing to build solutions that integrate Yammer communities and conversations into the apps that you use every day. Check out our latest Outlook integration and our Communities app for Microsoft Teams and stay tuned into our public roadmap and blog.
The above is kindly provided by the Microsoft Tech Community!